Doug Kellett @idougradio

Doug Kellett @idougradio

Doug Kellett

My photo
I have more than 30 years of news/talk/sports hosting experience including management of stations in Nashville, Denver and Columbus(GA). I often can be heard in some of the largest markets in the US and great stations like KOA/Denver, 630 KHOW/Denver, 600 KCOL/Ft. Colllins, CO, WOAI/San Antonio, KTRH and KPRC/Houston, WLS/Chicago, KKDA/Pittsburgh, WLAC/Nashville, WBT/Charlotte, Fox News/Ft. Myers-Naples, FL, 106.3 WORD-FM/Greenville-Spartanburg, SC and many other stations.

Twitchy-What Lib Bias is trending on Twitter

The Bulwark

Your Political Videos!

TheHill - The Hill News

Mediaite

FOXNews.com

CNN.com Headlines

NewsBusters-Bias Alerts

RealClearPolitics - Homepage

Replies to my article posted at Conservative Voice

demiangod
Posted On 7/15/2008 1:53:11 PM EST

I agree that Americans are whiners, but to say Bill Clinton was handed everything is silly. He came from a very modest background, just like Truman and Nixon, and worked hard for everything he got. His brains got him to the Presidency, not his family prestige. If you want to talk about silver spoon babies, look no further than Bush II. He was a failure at essentially everything, but never had to fail because daddy and his friends were always there to bail him out. And unlike Clinton, Bush got into Yale and Harvard due to affirmative action (his daddy went there!)[ Post Reply ]
1.
Non-intellectual
Posted On 7/15/2008 2:20:24 PM EST

Hey, Doug,Sen. Gramm was right. And most of your points were well taken.On the humorous side, I also made the unintended reference while trying to track a package that, like a previous package, had only made it as far as a certain processing hub before disappearing. My conversation with the customer service representative was along the lines of "Good grief! That center is a virtual black hole."It wasn't till after hanging up that I realized my reference was to the center within a city with one of the densest black populations in America. Oops! No offense intended but I'm sure the service rep' didn't see my intended meaning.Hi, demiangod,Your point about Clinton was well-taken but I will add another. Mr. Clinton learned quickly how to parlay power through duplicity and adding shady characters to his power base. Intelligence alone would have not been enough. Such is the case with most politicians. Mr. Clinton was the white equivalent of Obama, except in a time where the stakes were not as high.[ Post Reply ]
2.
demiangod
Posted On 7/15/2008 9:14:25 PM EST

Most politicians? Did you mean to say all?[ Post Reply ]
3.
slophry
Posted On 7/15/2008 10:55:42 PM EST

The comment from Graham is not an uncommon belief amongst the older generation towards the country. "When I was young, I had to walk through 10 feet of snow to get to school!"[ Post Reply ]
4.
Non-intellectual
Posted On 7/16/2008 12:38:28 AM EST

Hi, demiangod,No..."most." I hold Senators like Ron Paul and Tom Coburn in high regard. I'm sure there must a be a few more.[ Post Reply ]