Doug Kellett @idougradio

Doug Kellett @idougradio

Doug Kellett

My photo
I have more than 30 years of news/talk/sports hosting experience including management of stations in Nashville, Denver and Columbus(GA). I often can be heard in some of the largest markets in the US and great stations like KOA/Denver, 630 KHOW/Denver, 600 KCOL/Ft. Colllins, CO, WOAI/San Antonio, KTRH and KPRC/Houston, WLS/Chicago, KKDA/Pittsburgh, WLAC/Nashville, WBT/Charlotte, Fox News/Ft. Myers-Naples, FL, 106.3 WORD-FM/Greenville-Spartanburg, SC and many other stations.

Twitchy-What Lib Bias is trending on Twitter

The Bulwark

Your Political Videos!

TheHill - The Hill News

Mediaite

FOXNews.com

CNN.com Headlines

NewsBusters-Bias Alerts

RealClearPolitics - Homepage

I'm getting my vienna sausages....

Yep. With all the tracking polls leaning Obama's way and even the Scholastic kids vote going Obama 57-39 percent, I'm heading to the grocery store tomorrow to start stacking up on vienna sausages and bottled water. That is what some of the good 'ol boys used to tell me when I was hosting in Columbus(GA) years ago when Bill Clinton took over. They were stocking up on the gun powder too waiting on the government to come "git 'em." I used to chuckle at that attitude but I think the sentiment is back with the impending reality of an Obama occupation coming. Personally, I think we'll survive whoever is President but it does appear a dark four years coming with Obama and and no checks and balances on a democratic Congress. I've been telling my republican friends for a while now that I feared what appears to be the outcome. I believe McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as VP didn't help matters. She is a nice lady who we would all like to invite into our homes but doesn't carry the experience or expertise that McCain needed with him. McCain and others knew that an economic crisis was coming(I've been talking about it so I'm sure they knew) and Mitt Romney was the pick that helped him both from a strategic standpoint and from the experience perspective. Here a proven Governor with enormous Wall Street experience is the perfect person to turn to in this time of economic peril. McCain has said during the campaign that he doesn't "know much about the economy." So, having Romney on the ticket would be someone of depth in this area. Romney, not Palin, also would have given McCain a demographic strategy that might have worked. Romney's popularity in Michigan might have provided a republican victory. His ties to the West would have certainly helped in states like Colorado, Montana and Nevada. All three of these states are still in play. Palin's lack of knowledge on so many important issues affecting the nation, not just Alaska, aren't helping McCain. I do not believe she hurts the ticket because so many republicans are excited about her but I do not think she helps McCain win. That is what it is all about you know. Many conservatives you see or listen too were cheerleading the pick because they found out that Joe Leiberman was actually McCain's first choice. They were simply relieved that he actually picked a conservative albeit one so void of experience.
So, may be it is time to get those canned goods and get ready to hole up somewhere for the next four years. We'll know for sure in about 20 days.